Grow with us...
There are many advantages to living in a small, rural community that is why many people are choosing to
relocate here every year, below are several reasons your relocation to Mansfield will be a success:
- Location–Mansfield is less than an hour from the larger cities of Northwest Louisiana, Shreveport and Bossier City.
- Accessibility– Five highways, KCS railways and a local airport serve our transportation needs here in Mansfield.
- Financial Strength – Unlike many cities our size across the state, we have a robust economy, due mainly to the recent discovery of the Haynesville Shale and the oil and gas exploration it affords. Our healthy economy is evident throughout DeSoto Parish by the historical boost in sales tax revenues over the past couple of years.
- Quality Health Care – Mansfield is the home of a modern hospital with full emergency services, an operating facility and several medical specialists.
- Quality of Education – The DeSoto Parish School District has all certified teachers and the highest salary schedule in Louisiana. The school district has been blessed with 14 state-of-the-art facilities.
- Quality of Recreation – Life is abundant in DeSoto Parish for the outdoorsman and sports fans. Mansfield is surrounded by area lakes, prime hunting and fishing locations, water sports, parks, and organized sports opportunities.
- Quality of Entertainment – Our rural community is known for its parades, festivals, museums, civil war reenactments, high school sporting events, and arts/cultural events.
- Growth and Vision– Mansfield is a city of vision and change. Its future is bright with new construction and growing businesses.
- Safe Community – Mansfield has a fully staffed police department and fire department with modern safety and communication equipment. Our City’s crime rate is relatively low for its size. The parish operates a full-time EMS response and transportation service – making our rural community one of the safest in the state.
- Sense of Belonging – Mansfield and DeSoto Parish has a down-home atmosphere made up of people just like you who look forward to sharing the culture and warmth of their city and its communities.